22 May 2011

Dear Daddy

Dear daddy,

It has been exactly ten years since you left us. Ten years since I and the whole family lost a father. It has been quite a long time during which I never stopped missing you, never stopped remembering you. But despite the years that have passed, I guess there will never be time long enough for us to forget you.

The daddy's girl that I am, I have always thought of you in all of my achievements. I dreamed and longed for your presence in the most important days of my life - my elementary, high school and college graduation ceremonies, my admission in UP and my membership in many organizations and a sorority, having great friends, campaigning for the Sanggunian Kabataan post and winning the Barangay Kagawad position - all those that I know you will be proud of.

I have always known how proud you are of me (even during my failures as a child) and I have always imagined your face, your encouragement and happiness during the happy days of my life. I regret that I will never be able to personally present to you my achievements that are your gifts and I hate the fact that they have outlived you.

For ten long years, I never got used to your absence. And now, more than ever, I badly want you back. I want to share with you the joys of my love, my emotions as I prepare for my wedding, and my worries for its fast approach. I will never know your reaction (to my decision to marry, my choice of partner and the wedding details) and I will never see you on our big day. And that is a mystery I will carry forever. Up until now, there are still some people who discourage me from marrying. Above anything else, I know and appreciate their good intentions. I know they love me; so daddy, bless and guide them. Bless and guide our decision, and for all the that matters, please give us your blessing.

You have made me, mommy and my siblings ten years stronger. And that's just one of the least of reasons why I will be forever grateful to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment